COVID-19 Research Index – Researchers across a wide variety of disciplines at the University of Michigan are using their expertise to address the global COVID-19 pandemic. The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) created the following COVID-19 Research Index to increase awareness and foster collaborations among U-M researchers studying coronavirus. If you would like the OVPR to index your coronavirus project as part of its COVID-19 Research Index, please complete this form.
Corporate Foundation and Relations – Search engine listing open corporate/foundation RFPs that can be filtered for research Pis looking for grant funding. To access, a U-M employee will need to login using their Level-1 password.
PathSurveyor – Free service provided by in2being, LLC to help anyone get a head-start on finding the best regulatory path for their device.
510(k) Decisions – Free index for searching FDA 501(k) clearance summaries by company name, product code, 501(k) number, etc.
Mobile Apps Interactive Tool – Free decision tool provided by the Federal Trade Commission for mobile applications related to healthcare. The tool asks you a series of questions to help you figure out which federal regulations (i.e., FDA, HIPAA, FTC) may apply to your product.
The MICHR IND/IDE Investigator Assistance Program (MIAP) provides consultation on research involving investigational agents (drugs ,devices, and biologics) that includes:
- Determination of regulatory pathway and need for an IND (Investigational New Drug) or exemption, IDE (Investigational Drug Exemption), orphan disease designation, or humanitarian use device (HUD).
- Protocol and informed consent review and assistance.
- Assistance with FDA meeting requests, preparation, and support.
- Expertise and guidance on navigating investigational agent regulation and compliance).
The MICHR Biostatistics Group provides expertise to clinical and translational researchers in:
- Research design, including sampling methods, sample size consideration, power calculation, and data analysis plans
- Randomization scheme development and implementation
- Statistical analysis and data summarization planning and execution
- Case report form and database review and assessment
- Data quality assessment
- Data Safety Monitoring Plan and data reporting
The University of Michigan Library curates helpful guides to research resources available to University of Michigan employees. The Commercialization Resources Guide provides a one-stop shop for access to market research and analysis reports available through the U-M library using your UM Level-1 password. Suggested guides include “Business” and “Health,” which offer access to resources such as BCC Research, Frost & Sullivan, BioCentury Innovation, and MarketResearch.com Academic.
HCUPnet is a free, online query system based on data from the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). The system provides health care statistics and information for hospital inpatient, emergency department, and ambulatory settings, as well as population-based health care data on counties in the United States.
BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting provides SBBR/STTR proposal development services to technology-based entrepreneurs and early-stage companies throughout Michigan. The program provides training and one-on-one proposal preparation assistance to qualified companies at low cost.
Regional Small Business Resources
PathFinder, provided by MedHealth, compiles regional resources on topics including networking, customer base identification, development resources, regulatory strategy, and more.