FFMI fullPACE is a 12-week educational program designed to teach biomedical innovation and entrepreneurship through experiential learning in small multidisciplinary teams. Developed in partnership with the U-M College of Engineering’s Center for Entrepreneurship, teams receive hands-on learning in product development under the guidance of commercialization experts from across campus and industry.
The objectives of FFMI fullPACE are to:
- Provide a structured biomedical innovation and commercialization education experience for the non-traditional learner, including researchers, clinicians, and other medical professionals.
- Provide a recruitment and retention advantage for participating UMMS departments and medical education programs.
- Develop an established pipeline of de-risked ideas with the potential to harden and mature into viable and investable biomedical innovations
The FFMI fullPACE program is uniquely designed for:
- Medical Residents & Fellows
- Graduate Students and Postdocs (All UMMS Departments)
- Biomedical Researchers
NOTE: Additional opportunities available for Medical Students enrolled in the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Path of Excellence (PoE) to attend weekly lectures throughout the course. Only full course enrollees can attend the post-lecture hands-on innovation workshops.
2018 Session (Dates TBA)
2-hour weekly sessions – 5:30 to 7:30 pm – Kellogg Eye Center
- 1-hour lecture (from lead instructor or guest expert)
- 1-hour coaching/mentoring on innovation project as multidisciplinary team (dinner provided) – enrolled participants only
2017 Session Course Topics
|Session 1||1/11/2017||Case Study Workshop: Accuri Cytometers|
|Session 2||1/18/2017||Value Proposition & Customer Discovery|
|Session 3||1/25/2017||Case Study Workshop: Inhaled Insulin|
|Session 4||2/1/2017||Communicating Innovative Ideas|
|Session 5||2/8/2017||Risk as a Planning Tool|
|Session 6||2/15/2017||Customers & Market|
|Session 7||2/22/2017||Product Planning & Setting Milestones|
|Session 8||3/1/2017||Intellectual Property Overview|
|Session 9||3/8/2017||BioArbor @ SPARK – Defining the Culture and Values of a Startup|
|Session 10||3/15/2017||Regulatory & Reimbursement|
|Session 11||3/22/2017||Equity & Investment for Innovators|
|Session 12||3/29/2017||Showcase Event|