Formerly known as the Early Tech Development Course, FFMI fastPACE is a 4-week biomedical innovation and commercialization course designed for the busy medical academician with an early stage project. The fastPACE Course blends in-person and online education to help faculty researchers and clinicians prepare a successful business case for funding and development partnerships.
Who should enroll?
- Clinicians and researchers with an early stage biomedical innovation or idea
- Postdocs or graduate students working with faculty mentors on a biomedical innovation
Why should you enroll?
- Develop a successful business case used to secure funding and attract collaborators
- Determine the commercial viability of your innovation
- Expand your network of innovation partners, mentors, and potential investors
- Develop greater self-confidence and business presentation skill
Enrolling a Project
As a project based course, participants can enroll their entire team of faculty collaborators, as well as any postdoc, graduate, or medical student. For those without project collaborators or student team members, a group of medical students are available to support the project during the course.
Expert Teaching Team
The course features an expert teaching team from a variety of settings, including academia and industry. Project teams are divided into educational tracks and assigned a teaching team member to capitalize on their unique experience and maximize mentorship opportunities.
More than 150 project teams have graduated the fastPACE Course and used their experience to secure additional funding, find collaborators, submit publications, and conduct additional research.
Spring 2019 FFMI fastPACE Dates:
Spring 2019 fastPACE Dates:
March 15: Kickoff 12-5PM
March 22: Conference Call 3-4:30PM
March 29: Conference Call 3-4:30PM
April 5: Conference Call 3-4:30PM
April 12: Final Event 12-5 PM
Contact Commercialization Education Program Coordinator Grace Murphy 734.615.8977 or email@example.com