Biotech Career Exploration is a structured program to educate, train, and provide career exposure to many aspects of biotechnology outside of the traditional academic tenure-track faculty position.
Throughout the program, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career scientists from life science programs will engage in a series of workshops, seminars, and panel discussions to explore career options and prepare for an experiential learning opportunity with an on-campus unit, small business startup, large corporation, non-profit organization, governmental agency, law firm, or any additional non-academic entity.
- Provide a structured and collaborative skill development and experiential learning placement program for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career scientists from life science programs.
- Offer non-academic employers access to trained students, fellows, and early-career scientists and serve as a single point of contact for workforce recruitment and development in the life sciences.
- Graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career scientists seeking job readiness education and training in anticipation of a non-academic career path.
- Identify and explore non-academic career options based on your interest.
- Develop desirable employment skills based on specific competencies.