Formerly known as the Early Tech Development Course, FFMI fastPACE is a 4-week biomedical innovation and commercialization course designed for the busy medical academician with an early stage project. The fastPACE Course blends in-person and online education to help faculty researchers and clinicians prepare a successful business case for funding and development partnerships.
Who should enroll?
- Clinicians and researchers with an early stage biomedical innovation or idea
- Postdocs or graduate students working with faculty mentors on a biomedical innovation
Why should you enroll?
- Develop a successful business case used to secure funding and attract collaborators
- Determine the commercial viability of your innovation
- Expand your network of innovation partners, mentors, and potential investors
- Develop greater self-confidence and business presentation skill
Enrolling a Project
As a project based course, participants can enroll their entire team of faculty collaborators, as well as any postdoc, graduate, or medical student. For those without project collaborators or student team members, a group of medical students are available to support the project during the course.
Expert Teaching Team
The course features an expert teaching team from a variety of settings, including academia and industry. Project teams are divided into educational tracks and assigned a teaching team member to capitalize on their unique experience and maximize mentorship opportunities.
More than 70 project teams have graduated the fastPACE Course and used their experience to secure additional funding, find collaborators, submit publications, and conduct additional research.
(tentative) Fall 2017 FFMI fastPACE Dates:
September 29: University of Michigan 12-5 PM
October 6: Webinar 3-4:30PM
October 13: Webinar 3-4:30 PM
October 20: Webinar 3-4:30 PM
October 27: University of Michigan 12-5 PM
Contact Commercialization Education Program Manager – Jon Servoss at 734-764-2692 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Commercialization Education Program Coordinator – Grace Murphy at 734-615-8977 or email@example.com.